Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peter Pan & Chapters of Love

OH THE STRESS!!!!

Well that about sums it up.

It's been a long weekend stretching into Monday and Tuesday and it's going to be a long week as well.. Last Thursday was when it all started. I got up in the morning and went for Thaipusam (A Hindu festival) to support a friend of mine who was carrying kavadi (Basically this beautifully decorated altar-like stand that the person carries above them with peircings through their back, front and sometimes face). So we walked and we walked and we basically walked.

After that, went back home at about 4pm and rested abit before heading down to watch "Phases" a production by students from NAFA. It was Nicole's school production and it was definitely worth watching because the short plays were thought provoking.

Anyways, got back home and woke up the next day bright and early so as to finish off the "Chapters of Love: A Valentine's Story" script. It's basically a production Arteen Furteens (AFT) is doing to raise funds for a charitable organisation. I can't really name the organisation yet due to legal issues and so on. So...I'll wait for confirmation from their side before I state the beneficary. It means alot to me to be raising the funds for this particular foundation so this production is of high importance to me.The script comprises of several love stories all intertwined into one.

So anyways back to the topic at hand, I completed the script at 5pm and by then, I had to make my way down to the CC to start printing the new copies of the scripts. Then rehearsals for this production started at 7pm and we ended at 10pm.

My Saturday then started off with rehearsals for the Peter Pan production from 9am all the way to 5pm. After that, I rushed down to watch "Guru of Chai" which I must say is a brilliantly well acted play. The solo actor performed for the entire 75minutes without breaking out of character once. His easy portrayal of different personalities was simply mind boggling and I vow that at one moment during the play, I almost believed he was someone else despite the fact that he was garbed in the same attire the entire time.

Anyways, after that I went out for dinner with those who went to watch the show, we went to drop Bhavna home and that's when we lost our way from Tampines all the way to Woodlands. I had never been so agitated before! I tried to keep my mouth shut but my sarcastic tongue got the better of me...and well I went home not in the best of moods...when your cup (a symbolism for life) is filled up with all the good things in life, someone WILL come along and piss in- Guru of Chai.

Anyways, when I got home, my two nephews were already asleep! I felt like killing myself for missing the opportunity to spend time with them. With the knowledge that I won't be able to see them the next day because I had to leave the house early, I went to asleep ready to perform suicide.

Sunday morning came and I woke up at 6.30am (I just love giving the mundane details). AND TO MY JOY, HARESH AND AVINESH (MY NEWPHEWS) WERE AWAKE!!!! I managed to play with them for an hour before I left with my mum to Woodlands Waterfront for Resident's Day. I met up with the AFT group; Serena, Prabs, Yoga, Naathan and Sameer. I had awesome fun sketching for small kids, playing traditional games like "5 stones", desiging bookmarks and watching performances. After that, my mum and I headed over to my cousin's new house for the house warming. We left later in the day and when I got home, I was already to collapse in fatigue.

Monday started early as well. I met up with Prabs and we went down to Art Friends to purchase several "HEAVY" products to build sets for the "Peter Pan-Revamped" Production. We then dragged all the purchases back to the CC. We ate abit before we started building the rowboat. Here's how it looks without paint:
It's not much of a picture. We've yet to paint it so DON'T JUDGE : )
Those two telescope looking things beside it are the cannons...also incomplete.

And here's some pictures of the roll by scene we're doing for the Flying scene in Peter Pan:


We're colouring the entire thing out of crayons...I think I have arm muscles now.

So then I went home and the next day, which was yesterday, I got up early, went to the bank, settled some bank transfers and then went down to the CC again. Prabs and I completed 4 cannons and I finished drawing the roll overs. We then ate and rehearsals for "Chapters of Love: A Valentine's Story" began at 7pm. It ended at 10pm and let me tell you, those 3 hours went by so fast, I felt like getting down on my knees and begging for more time.

And now I'm home reflecting on the 6 days that have gone by so fast. I feel like I'm a day behind though. I need to speed myself up tomorrow.

No comments: